Wednesday, May 29, 2013

That's The Way It Is......

     I read the news online everyday. I do this for several reasons. First, I do not like the American news system. It is too sensationalized. Do you think I really care which teen star has been arrested for drugs and drinking this week? My answer is NO! There are much more important things in the world than knowing the intimate details of someones love life. If we are lucky, that person will be a has-been in a few short years. I prefer to read the news that comes from the international press. It gives me an unglamourous view of world events. There are times I have watched the news and expect a cabaret show to start. I am sure that there are times that the producers have toyed with the idea of adding magicians and strippers to do the news. I can see the weatherman now, "Hey Rocky, you wanna see me pull a forecast outta my hat?" Okay, I stole that from Bullwinkle. That doesn't matter, I feel that dense after watching some news reports. You can tell they are simply reading a script. Ill bet they couldn't tell you what it was that had been read. There are some of them I doubt know the difference between Kosovo and Costa Rica.
     More and more of the Anchor People remind me of entertainers. The studios have added buff tanned men to the position. They have a practiced smile that says Used Car Salesman to me. How can I trust someone to tell me the truth that gives me the creeps? The female anchors are no better. They become younger and more curvaceous each year. They are dressed to tease and encourage adolescent males to watch the shows. I'm sure the men are paying a lot of attention to what is really being said. How long before the burlesque shows start? Hold it! I think some networks are already there.
     What happened to the days when you had that stately old gentleman, or tough grand dam? I would rather watch my news from someone that had lived enough life to know about the news. They reported the facts about news worthy events. I want to know why we might be going to war, not what the best dressed couple is wearing to the local gala. Give me one of those tough individuals that literally came up through the trenches. Id prefer someone that knew who Vladimir Putin, over knowing who Justin Bieber is. Where are Barbara Walters and Walter Cronkite when you need them?

     O! I did say there was a second reason. That one is simple. It is children. Any parent can tell you that it is impossible to watch any news when the children are around. I have yet to sit down watch it without a fight, emergency, or an impromptu concert occurring with them. There are times I think that my little darlings have battle plans drawn up to distract me whenever I try to catch up on daily events. Plan A1A I am certain is have one of them go into the other room and scream like they are hurt. Dad goes sprinting in to check out the boo-boo. By the time I calm the child and return to my seat, there are the other two watching another cartoon. You weren't watching anything, were you Dad? is always the response when I return.
     Like I said before, it is easier and better for me to read my news online. There is far less drama and acting going on. Once the children and the newscasters mature, I will start watching the network news again. I'm betting on my children to get there first.

                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

html